Therapist – Outdoor Leadership Experience – Temporary
We are currently seeking a Therapist for our Outdoor Leadership Experience (OLE) program to start in May 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015
Pine River Institute (PRI) is a residential treatment program for youth 13-19 dealing with addictive behaviour and often concurrent mental health issues. We are a family-centered program where wilderness, therapeutic, and academic programs come together in a unique, integrated treatment and education model. PRI’s treatment approach is grounded in enhancing adolescent development and maturation. The PRI program is unique in Canada. PRI’s residential beds are funded primarily by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The organization is staffed by highly competent clinicians. Ongoing evaluation and outcome analysis is built in to PRI’s vision and mission and PRI has acquired a solid reputation in these areas.
This full time position works in Algonquin Park and requires two days per month on campus in Horning’s Mills, Ontario.
Reporting directly to the Clinical Director, the OLE Therapist is responsible to
* Provide individual therapy within a personal caseload as required
* Serve as a liason for parents whose children are in the wilderness, providing weekly phone support and written updates to parents within 48 hours of each clinical session with the student.
* Provide on-call back-up to the wilderness team as part of a rotating schedule, as determined by the Program Manager.
* Collect weekly and daily progress notes from field staff, and use this information as part of the OLE Summary Report.
* Prepare, ideally within a few days of transfer to the school, an Outdoor Leadership Experience Summary Report which provides background information on the student, summarizes his/her behaviours and experiences while in the wilderness, identifies any areas of emotional concern and noted areas of strength, as well as offering treatment recommendations for continued progress at the school.
* Supervise, train and support field staff and the Program Manager regarding the emotional and behavioural management of students in the wilderness.
* Assist as a resource in the provision of professional development activities for OLE Field Staff
* Contribute as part of the senior clinical team to ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students and their families are realized.
* In collaboration with the Senior Team, ensure the alignment of each student’s individual program with the overall therapeutic and academic objectives, values and philosophy of the school.
* Organize, lead and participate in student academic, recreational and therapeutic activities as required.
* On-call responsibilities as assigned.
* Required to attend at least 1 staff meeting per month.
* Face to face contact with all OLE students on a weekly basis requiring 1-2 overnights per week in the field.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Interested candidates should apply to Gayle Dennison. Manager Human Resources in writing to email@example.com by February 28, 2015.
815 total views, 2 today