Attention: River Guides!
Canoe North Adventures offers multi-day whitewater canoe expeditions on northern rivers in Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. In 2011, CNA opened a world-class Basecamp Lodge and Outfitting Centre in Norman Wells, NWT with access to rivers including the Mountain, Natla-Keele, Horton, Snake and Coppermine. Canoe North Adventures has been recognized as an industry leader and was recently awarded both Operator of the Year and Entrepreneur of the Year in the Northwest Territories. Since opening our Outfitting Centre in 2011 we have experienced unprecedented growth and continued interest in our expedition program. We are reaching out across Canada looking for outstanding new applicants to join our Guide Team for summer, 2018 and 2019.
Guide Staff Character Profile & Job Description:
You are a charismatic and friendly leader, someone who puts a group at ease even in tense situations. You are a professional with hundreds of hours spent guiding with a paddle in your hand and eyes down the “V”. You live and breathe life on the river and are at home paddling class 2-3 whitewater on multi-days trips. Although your canoe history and hard skills training are essential, the art of inspiring great conversations around the campfire is equally valued.
At Canoe North Adventures, we are striving to provide the most spectacular, safe and well-managed canoe expeditions in the Canadian Arctic. Your role would be to provide world-class guiding services to our guests, inspiring memories for life— while having the skills, knowledge and maturity to manage risk, run fast flowing mountain and tundra rivers and deal with complex situations under pressure.
Guide Staff Minimum Requirements:
• ORCKA River Running 2, Paddle Canada Intermediate Moving Water Skills (International Paddling Certs and/or Rafting Certs will be considered)
• Advanced Wilderness First Aid (40 hour). Wilderness First Responder, 80 hour preferred
• Swift-water Rescue 2 or Rescue 3 equivalent
• Knowledge of moving water loaded canoe rescue is an asset
• At least 3 seasons of guiding on rivers with continuous class 2/3 whitewater.
• Experience on multi day trips of 8 – 12 days is an important asset
• Guide experience on Canadian Rivers including Nahanni, Stikine, Snake, Wind, Coppermine, Mountain, Natla-Keele, Horton, Yukon is a valued asset
• Extensive experience cooking gourmet meals outdoors
• Knowledge of the flora and fauna of the Yukon / NWT boreal forest would be an asset.
• A valid driver’s license is an asset
Employment Dates: June 15th to August 30th, 2018
Compensation: $100 – $250 per day plus excellent gratuities and loyalty bonuses
Note: previous experience on northern rivers including Nahanni, Stikine, Mountain, Natla-Keele, Snake, Wind, Hart, Horton or Coppermine is a major asset. Please send your cover letter and resume, including references to Al Pace at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to call our office at 519-941-6654. We look forward to hearing your story.
1784 total views, 1 today