As a Program Instructor, you have the exciting task of instructing activities such as; Team belay high ropes courses, lanyard based challenge course, Archery, Canoeing, team building initiatives, Giant swing, zip line and even a range of outdoor survival skills!
Instructors will provide clients with proper safety briefs as well as an overview of each activity. As a certified program staff, you will get to meet/greet each group prior to activities. You will then operate and facilitate all activities that they have signed up for during their stay at Goldeye while maintaining an enjoyable working environment. Program Instructors will provide Leadership, safety, and an amazing memorable experience for each of our clients as they have loads of fun! If you are interested in having a blast and being part of the amazing program team here at Goldeye, please apply today!!
Job Purpose– As a Program Instructor you are providing clients with the proper safety instructions and brief overview of each activity. As a certified program staff you will meet/greet each group, go over the schedule of their entire stay, operate and facilitate all activities. You will provide leadership, micro management, safety and most important, a fun and enjoyable environment for each client.
Duties and Responsibilities–
· ensuring that equipment and facilities are safe and that guests are instructed in safety procedures
· undertaking courses to keep your own qualifications and skills current
· planning appropriate programs of outdoor activities for groups, usually in liaison with teachers or managers of the group;
· briefing and debriefing guests before and after activities
· preparing educational resources
· dealing with queries, problems and complaints from guests
· recording and reporting accidents, dealing with accidents and emotional upsets
· checking, maintaining and preparing equipment
· upkeep of the facilities
· planning new activities to meet changing demands
· maintain a polite and happy environment for all guests
· Be a positive role model for young people including teaching and setting a good example in areas such as proper manners, goal setting, accountability, respect for the environment, and respect for each other.
· Provide feedback on continuous improvement initiatives to Program Manager
· Be accountable for risk assessment and implementation of Goldeye health and safety standards/protocols/procedures
· Be accountable for risk assessments and documentation for all challenge course equipment according to Foundation and industry standards to ensure a safe environment
· Report concerns or incidents in the area of camper and staff wellness (this includes physical, mental, and emotional health and safety), as well as equipment and facility maintenance/care to immediate supervisor or camp management, and complete the necessary documentation as soon as possible.
· College or University degree in a related field an asset but not required
· Ropes and outdoor education experience a plus
· Certifications in any outdoor related field
· Strong communication and facilitation skills, with a solid background in curriculum development
· A good understanding of positive youth development and risk management principles
· Highly organized, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Team player and customer service oriented
· Personal experience in climbing, belaying etc is a bonus.
· Ability to speak in front of small to large groups is very important.
· Experience running activities such as: low ropes initiatives, climbing wall, archery, canoeing, fire/shelter building, orienteering, interpretive nature hikes. All a plus, but not crucial. (as these will be taught to you).
Working Conditions– Goldeye Centre is a highly established outdoor education centre. Since 1958, Goldeye has been doing an excellent job of catering to the needs of most and all clients. We host school groups, summer camps, corporate groups, weddings and families. Work conditions are outside in all types of weather, some long days and very physical. You will be required to lift between 20-50lbs, mostly with other people, and be able to climb up and down poles for set up and take down on a regular basis. Also, on occasion you will be asked to help in other areas of Goldeye such as Maintenance, housekeeping and kitchen. We are a family here at Goldeye and we strive to help one another when we are presented with those opportunities. Goldeye Takes pride in its ability to create highly enjoyable working atmospheres. We also take pride in our ability to bring out the best in our clients. As a programmer at Goldeye, we will do our best to teach Clients to persevere through our ropes courses, gain leadership skills, communication skills, as well as the ability to flourish their team building qualities while gaining trust in one another.
240 total views, 12 today