Position: Outreach and Program Development Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Regional Director
Location: One position in GTA, Ontario
Start date: As soon as possible
Since 1969, Outward Bound Canada has made it our mission to cultivate resilience, leadership, connections and compassion, through inspiring and challenging journeys of self-discovery in the natural world. A not-for-profit, charitable, educational organization, Outward Bound Canada has challenged over 150,000 Canadians to step out of their comfort zone with our unique outdoor adventures. We pride ourselves on offering transformational journeys that encourage participants to push beyond their limits and discover their true potential.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are searching for highly motivated outreach professionals to expand our organizations’ efforts in Ontario and Toronto. This exciting role will focus on building relationships with new and existing clients in these markets, supporting increased participation in Outward Bound’s main program areas: Group programs and Individual programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Research, uncover, target, develop and secure new institutional (education, business, and community organizations) partnerships across the target market.
● Develop mini-campaigns in targeted areas to be utilized in building new business opportunities through all available channels including email, traditional mail, social media, and cold calling.
● Maintain (and develop where possible) an existing portfolio of active institutional customers.
● Prepare quotes and proposals for inquiries generated in new areas as well as for repeat bookings.
● Account manage new and existing business relationships with in-person meetings, by phone, and email.
● Ensures specifications for custom courses where and when required are approved by the regional director to execute.
● Accurately record customer information using CRM system.
● Confirm availability and liaise with the program team with regards to short lead time bookings, ensuring that the mix of groups is appropriate.
● Process bookings from point of sale through to contracting.
● Work with colleagues to leverage existing partnerships for referrals into new schools in order to increase reach in areas with limited activity.
● Support national marketing and fundraising activities.
● Develop a calendar of relevant 3rd party outreach events, conferences, expos and ensure OBC has a strong presence at those events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Minimum of 3 years’ previous sales or outreach experience.
● Knowledge of and experience in the public and/or private education system.
● A desire and drive to seek out new business. Create demand, open doors, pitch for partnerships and close new partnerships
● A strong communicator, able to present with gravitas about the work of OBC
● Excellent organizational skills.
● A good degree of computer literacy including PowerPoint, Excel word and previous experience with a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
● Good time management.
● Attention to detail.
● Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and with flexibility in order to respond to priorities.
● Excellent communication skills; ability to work with wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
● Excellent presentation skills.
● Experience within the charitable or social enterprise sector.
● Knowledge of and interest in our outdoor learning methodology and impact, with previous experience at an Outward Bound School being highly desirable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
● Full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits package
READY TO APPLY?
Application deadline: Open until filled
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted via our application database: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/adce5f5ca4b0487d8d8b7106071a1163
Please identify the position as “Outreach” when you apply.
Outward Bound Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
909 total views, 1 today