Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Facilitators work as a team to plan and facilitate exciting leadership, experiential and recreational – based programming for guests. Versatile by nature, each Program Facilitator serves as a frontline customer service ambassador prepared to take on a variety of tasks to ensure a positive and unforgettable experience is had by all guests; this is the Bark Lake Advantage.
Primary duties involve delivering intentional leadership, experiential and recreational-based activities to our school groups, organizations, CIC summer camp (international students) and corporate clients. Providing a safe beach and waterfront experience for our clients. Working with our Waterfront Coordinator to ensure all equipment and beaches are maintained.
• Leading up to three 2-hour program periods plus an evening program per day.
• Preparing all program activities and areas for use and ensuring areas are tidy after program conclusion.
• Assisting with Dining Hall routine and Tuck Shop operations.
• Assisting with overnight client support.
Additional duties include:
• Supporting the design and development of new programs for Bark Lake.
• Providing customer service through serving or bartending support to weddings and other special events.
• Occasionally assisting with Food Services, Housekeeping, and Maintenance as required.
Specific Job Skills:
• Enjoy working with youth and adults in an outdoors setting.
• Be able to provide outstanding customer service to adult and corporate guests.
• Be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Hold current Standard First Aid or Wilderness First Responders with CPR.
• Experience with leading large groups, and /or working in a camp, outdoor education, and leadership development setting.
• A graduate or returning student of a post-secondary institution.
• Able to submit a clean Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check.
• Must be available from Aug 30th – Sept 1st, 2017 for Mandatory Staff Training
• Job shadow maybe requested.
• Outstanding customer service
• Sense of humour
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to take initiative
• Able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
Additional Qualifications: (Candidates should have at least some of these certifications)
• Challenge Course Certifications: ACCT Level 1 or 2
• Basic Canoe /Kayak Instructor
• Canoe Tripping Level 1, 2, or 3
• Ontario Certified Teacher
• Wilderness First Responder
• Facilitation Training
• Food Safety Training
• Smart Serve
Daily pay $120.00 – 150.00 (based on 10 hour day)
Based on certifications and experience
Room and Board is provided (based on shared accommodations)
Length of Contract:
August 30th- November 3rd, 2017
Possibility for contract extension based on performance
497 total views, 2 today