Position: Course Logistics Assistant (Summer Intern)
Immediate Supervisor: Regional Director
Location: Canmore, AB
Start date: June 24, 2019 (8 weeks positions)
Since 1969, Outward Bound Canada has made it our mission to cultivate resilience, leadership, connections and compassion, through inspiring and challenging journeys of self-discovery in the natural world. A not-for-profit, charitable, educational organization, Outward Bound Canada has challenged over 150,000 Canadians to step out of their comfort zone with our unique outdoor adventures. We pride ourselves on offering transformational journeys that encourage participants to push beyond their limits and discover their true potential.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager, the Course Logistics Assistant will provide support in and out of the field to the program team to accomplish the safe and effective delivery of programs through the systems and procedures in place at Outward Bound Canada’s bases. The primary responsibilities of the position include preparing the organizing logistical systems (including food, equipment, and transportation), supporting risk management, and supporting program development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
● Working knowledge of outdoor gear and outdoor pursuits.
● Wilderness First Aid, CPR-C certification is an asset.
● Valid driver’s license is an asset.
● NLS and/or Bronze Cross are considered assets.
● Preference will be given to those pursuing a career or course of schooling in Outdoor Education.
$15.00 per hour, 35 hours/week
READY TO APPLY?
Please send cover letter and CV to webform: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=8ef15d78cef64aaa9a100ec4a6eb5eba
Indicating “Rockies Course Logistics Assistant” with your preferred location.
The position is in collaboration with Canada Summer Jobs and has eligibility criteria including:
● Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
● A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee protection act.
● Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Application deadline: Open until filled
Outward Bound Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
261 total views, 12 today